History of Don Geary Realty, Inc.
Glenn Geary started the agency in 1946 with an emphases on brokerage and development. He was responsible for developing Glenwood Acres (Edgewood Lane and Ridge Road) in the late 1940's.
Glenn's son, Don, began building homes in the early 1950's and then began managing the agency in 1957. He continued brokerage and development and developed such streets as Arline Drive, Spruce, Janet Drive, Ruth Ann Drive, Bruce Court, Edgewood Lane North, Sherwood Drive and Park Forest Drive. He also completed many commercial and industrial projects.
Don's son, Bruce, joined the firm in 1974 and continues to be involved in commercial and industrial property development and management. Don's daughter, Nancy, and husband, Fred, later joined the firm in 1991. Nancy's emphasis remains residential brokerage and Fred handled residential property management up until his retirement in 2008.
A 4th generation family member, Emily Heinzmann, who is Nancy's daughter, joined the firm in 2001 and handles residential brokerage.
Geary family members continue to own the firm. Blake Griffin who has been associated with the family for over 10 years in both commercial and residential property is now Managing Broker and Property Manager.